Catapult 2013 is an innovative new conference — created by the Law School Toolbox and The Girl’s Guide to Law School and hosted by the Bar Association of San Francisco — to empower law students and young lawyers to take control of their careers and think creatively about the future.
Let’s face it, it’s not your father’s job market. Times are tough, and the legal profession is in transition. To what? No one knows exactly.
It seems to us that you’ve got two choices:
- Complain and refuse to take action.
- Deal with it!
What’s it going to be?
It’s not all bad news
The good news is that there are opportunities lurking, even if they’re obscured by the cloud of bad news.
Can technology make many first-year law firm associates obsolete? Absolutely. But technology also enables you to build relationships with people you never would have met a decade ago. Are some of those people potential clients, employers, or mentors? They certainly are.
We’ll help you develop the skills you need
That’s where Catapult 2013 comes in. We’re bringing together a diverse group of experts from across the country who care about helping you succeed. They don’t claim to have all the answers, but they’ll share what they’ve learned. You’ll leave inspired, but you’ll also have actionable techniques that you can put to use immediately.
- Talking is all well and good, but we want you to be empowered to take action!
What’s on tap?
Here’s some of what we plan to cover (for some sessions, you’ll be able to chose what to attend, so don’t worry if some things aren’t directly relevant to you):
- Understanding and conveying the unique strengths and skills that YOU bring to the table.
- Positioning yourself for the career that you want, in the short term and the long term.
- Using social media to effectively expand your network.
- Planning a job search strategy and crafting your application documents.
- Designing a career for yourself, if the existing models aren’t suitable.
- Fine-tuning your law school experience for the academic and professional results you want.
- Handling the on-going demands of a legal career.
We’ll also have a panel on cutting-edge legal issues related to the sharing economy (AirBnB, car sharing, etc.) and you’ll have the chance to hear from a diverse variety of lawyers (and ex-lawyers) about how they ended up where they did — including the many twists and turns along the way!
>>> Check out the full schedule here!
We’re currently approved for two hours of California MCLE credit: One hour of general credit and one hour of legal ethics credit. (Please register as an attorney and include your bar number to ensure you receive credit.)
Want more info?
Tickets are on sale NOW! Capacity is limited, so don’t delay!
Get your ticket, mark your calendar for April 13, 2013 and tell your San Francisco friends you’re coming for a visit.
Your career will thank you.
Be in the know. Sign up today!